To comply with noise abatement requirements and address the growing demand for reduced greenhouse gas emissions, airports need access to an unprecedented volume, quality and timeliness of flight, airspace, and airport surface operations data, and a whole new range of solutions. PASSUR noise abatement data solutions, used by the leading noise operations monitoring system providers and dozens of airports, offer the industry’s only independent source of accurate, detailed, and reliable flight, airport surface, and airspace data.
- PASSUR’s surface management programs – throughput optimization, chokepoint analysis, and departure metering and sequencing – provide proven emissions reduction solutions.
HOW PASSUR SOLUTIONS HELP TO ADDRESS THE PROBLEM
Independent data, unique data fusion and processing, and the industry’s leading surface taxi-queue optimization programs and tools enable airports to meet and exceed expectations for noise abatement and emissions reduction.
WHAT MAKES IT UNIQUE
Independent data from PASSUR’s proprietary fused flight, airport, and airspace surveillance network and databases, with tail number captured per flight, provides granularity, precision, and accuracy to support the stringent demands of noise abatement programs. PASSUR’s unique arrival and departure flow rate predictions, along with airport configuration predictions, enable airports to select the optimal rate for surface management programs to ensure the shortest possible taxi queues and lowest fuel burn.
KEY METRICS IMPROVED
- Noise compliance, including enforcement of runway usage rules and guidelines
- Accurate response to public noise inquiries
- Reduced carbon emissions
- Shorter taxi queues
WHAT THE AIRPORT WILL DO DIFFERENTLY
- Manage public expectations, complaints, and presentations with the most accurate information.
- Dispel erroneous claims of noise violations through superior data, allowing airports to focus on actual noise issues.
- Contribute proactively to reduced greenhouse gas emissions.
- 22 airports use PASSUR data feeds in their noise operations management systems.
- With the most deployments in North America in the most diverse number of configurations, PASSUR has led the industry in the development of departure metering and sequencing solutions designed to optimize commercial operational and business priorities.
SNAPSHOT CASE STUDIES
- In an independent study at one major Northeast airport, the PASSUR Surface Departure Metering program was shown to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by 48,000 tons annually.