Orlando, FL Office
A highly-motivated individual with strong and demonstrated organizational, technical, and analytical problem-solving skills, capable of working independently with minimal supervision, is sought for the Program Manager role. This is an opportunity to create and develop the program and project management function within a growing company and be a key contributor to the company’s success. This position is responsible for the overall planning, execution, visibility, and tracking of all development projects and key product installation projects. The position will be required to work cross-functionally to ensure project success and to monitor every phase of the project, from estimating development time required to launching the product to the market.
The ideal candidate for this role will have program and project management experience within a dynamic, growing enterprise software company that sells into large organizations. The candidate should have deep experience and proficiency in project management software and Excel and possess strong leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Partner with product management, development, sales, and IT teams to capture all aspects of programs and projects into one plan with the appropriate level of detail and clearly identified interdependencies.
- Planning, directing and coordinating project activities through the entire project lifecycle (from initiation to close). This includes resource planning and allocation, setting clear project milestones and deliverables, communicating goals, objectives, and responsibilities, keeping the project focused in terms of scope, schedule, communication, and risk.
- Creating and executing project plans and other required project documentation correctly and timely, designed to meet stated goals.
- Manage task delivery and actively understand potential and actual slippage in timing.
- Leading meetings with project stakeholders. Work within and across work teams to capture issues/risks. Drive these items to resolution, including facilitating mitigation strategies and driving to issue/risk closure.
- Setting and continually managing project expectations via timely and clear communications, both orally and in writing, with stakeholders at all levels.
- Specifically, the position will be responsible for:
- Managing and communicating the company’s product development and release schedule, with an understanding of all interdependencies and risks.
- Shepherding projects through the company’s tollgate process – communicating the impact to other projects if new projects are approved and ensuring time estimates are done consistently and as accurately as possible.
- Ensuring development efforts by project are tracked properly in the company’s time-tracking system.
- Oversee software bug resolution process using the company’s feature and bug-tracking system – work with product management to ensure that all bugs are properly recorded and prioritized, and develop schedule for all bug fixes.
- Knows how a good PMO office functions with a track record of continuous improvement in a new product development environment.
- Superior project management skills, including the ability to execute and prioritize a number of tasks simultaneously and experience managing cross-functional teams.
- Understands and can implement project portfolio management techniques to continuously improve return on R&D investments.
- Understands the factors influencing project cycle time, and has the proven ability to implement practices that result in reductions in overall project time to completion.
- Solid leadership presence and technical proficiency required to interact with experienced development team.
- Deep experience with project management software, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong interpersonal skills, communication skills, and demonstrated ability to influence business leaders and peers to achieve optimal outcomes while building relationships.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, variable environment.
- A results-oriented, process thinker. Organized & strategic approach to problem-solving.
- Demonstrated ability to present to senior leadership a clear, concise, and articulated message.
- Discretion and confidentiality.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5 years working experience in program or project management for a software and services company selling into businesses.
- PMI certification is highly desirable.
Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.