New Solution Releases
PASSUR Software Release: Enhancing Predictability, Reliability, and Capacity – September 2016
In September 2016, PASSUR released new capabilities, which combined with our customers’ experience and expertise, improve the following operational metrics:
- On-time arrivals and departures (and prioritized handling of high-value flights)
- Quicker turn times to ensure your airframe, gate, and crew assets are optimized
- Reductions in gate holds, tarmac delays, and extended taxi queues
- Reductions in diversions and delays through proactive management of unpredicted capacity changes and disruptions
Surface Management – Prioritizing High-Value Flights, Proactively Avoiding Gate Conflicts
New Features for PASSUR Intelligent Query (P-IQ)
- Create advance alerts and notifications for inbound flights at risk for a gate conflict, ahead of their arrival – enabling a window of decision flexibility to preserve on-time arrivals and connections (bags, passengers, crew) and reduce gate holds by proactively adjusting gate plans
- Generate email alerts and notifications for all key flight metrics being tracked, enabling users to stay informed and proactive whether they are in the operations center or remotely on their mobile devices
New Features for Web Tracker
(WT) (Visual Flight Tracking)
- Mobilize your team around specific critical operational priorities by creating instant notifications about critical flight information (e.g., crew timeout deadline, tight flight crew connections, etc.)
- Improve and maximize your productivity through options to customize the way you view and receive information, (e.g., easier display of critical flight information, easier ability to quickly turn on or off layers of airport surface information, new color and text options)
Traffic Flow Management – Proactively Optimizing Arrivals and Departures
New Features for ATC Portal (ATCP)
- A new layer of predictive visibility is now added to the PASSUR Flight Status Monitor (P-FSM): the most accurate view of actual departure demand available by airport – schedule, delays, cancellations, and actual queued/taxiing departures – to match the true arrival demand already part of P-FSM
- This greatly expands your ability to proactively adjust to constantly changing capacity (e.g., accelerating a flight boarding to take advantage of an unplanned increase in departure capacity for high-value flight)
Additional PASSUR Solution Upgrades Since the 2015 Customer Conference
At the 2015 PASSUR Customer Conference in Fort Lauderdale, we announced several major planned enhancements and new releases for the coming year. We’re pleased to share our progress to date with you.
Lighting Up the Last Mile
PASSUR surface surveillance (Surface Multilateration, or SMLAT) as a new capability, providing coverage gate to gate.
- PASSUR Surface Multilateration (SMLAT) systems have been installed at three major airports so far, and are contracted for three additional locations – all on behalf of some of our biggest airline partners, providing visibility and decision support in complex, congested surface areas.
- Introduced low-cost surface vehicle tracking, to cover non-aircraft movements.
- Adapted PASSUR departure metering and sequencing to both arrival and departure sequencing, to prioritize flights in congested gate complexes.
- Gate Wait – alerts to aircraft that are experiencing gate holds (“unmets”).
No More Surprises: ETAs Gate-to-Gate
Gate-to-gate arrival time prediction (or “extended ETA/XETA”), to provide the uniquely accurate PASSUR arrival time prediction through the entire flight.
- Completed first phase – PASSUR ETA is now active from wheels up to gate in, ensuring early, consistently accurate ETAs to enable better decisions about connections, gate allocations, schedule adjustments, crew allocations, and many other ETA-dependent decisions.
- Deployed this capability system-wide for the launch PASSUR airline customer (covering arrivals at 285 airports).
- Up next: ETA will become active from gate push back (“out to off”).
My PASSUR Data
Visualize, generate alerts, and receive notifications for PASSUR’s multiple flight, airport, and airspace metrics to support operational and business priorities.
- Launched P-IQ (“PASSUR Intelligent Query”) – enables airlines and airports to segment their most important operational objectives, and then automatically alerts and notifies them to actions they can take to achieve their goals.
- Initial metrics supported: Preserving on-time scores, optimizing delay programs, optimizing turn times, prioritizing departure sequences, and de-conflicting surface bottlenecks.
- Up next: Optimizing fuel costs, preserving connections, preventing crew timeouts, streamlining weight and balance closeout.
Predicted Airport Demand
Helping all stakeholders understand the true expected demand in advance, to ensure optimal arrival capacity.
- Launched PFSM (“PASSUR Flight Status Monitor”) – shows true inbound demand to determine the exact adjustments needed to preserve schedule integrity, prioritize high-value flights, proactively manage connections—and reduce congestion, disruptions, delay minutes, cancellations, and diversions.
- Part of PASSUR Traffic Flow Management solution, enabling airlines, ATC, and airports to set the optimal arrival and departure rates by hour, 16 hours in advance.
Connectivity and Collaboration
A total re-launch of the most widely used collaborative information exchange in aviation.
- Launched PASSUR Airport Communicator – the newest release of the PASSUR connectivity platform further enhances seamless communication and coordination through mobile-device compatibility, greater user configurability, and new airport-directed content management.
- Six additional airports have joined the platform: Ted Stevens Anchorage International (ANC), Reagan Washington National (DCA), Cleveland Hopkins International (CLE), Fairbanks International (FAI), Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International (FLL), and Tampa International (TPA).
Beyond Landing Fees
A single, national platform for airports and airlines to manage the full range of aviation fees and charges.
- Launched PASSUR Integrated Fee Management platform, a centralized efficient portal into all PASSUR fee management capabilities.
- Launched Gate Reports, to track gate utilization.
- Launched Seat Reports, to track passenger volumes by gate and concourse.