Surface constraints and bottlenecks are costly in terms of fuel burn, emissions, schedule integrity, and passenger good will. PASSUR Surface Management reduces extended tarmac delays and taxi-in/taxi-out times, prioritizes high-value flights, and facilitates an efficient turn management process.
PASSUR Intelligent Query (P-IQ):
- Create advance alerts and notifications for inbound flights at risk for a gate conflict, ahead of their arrival – enabling a window of decision flexibility to preserve on-time arrivals and connections (bags, passengers, crew) and reduce gate holds by proactively adjusting gate plans
- Generate email alerts and notifications for all key flight metrics being tracked, enabling users to stay informed and proactive whether they are in the operations center or remotely on their mobile devices
Visual Flight Tracking (Web Tracker)
- Improved management of aircraft on the airfield through the addition of the show/add/move persistent targets capability. This capability allows users to create “pucks” depicting aircraft that are not in an active state or under surveillance. Pucks can be used to depict aircraft that are parked in a gate, have been towed off a gate to a parking spot, are at a hardstand or are at an RON location. Pucks also cover vehicles such as construction equipment or those conducting field maintenance.
- Dialog between PASSUR and Users: Users now have the ability to provide real-time feedback directly to PASSUR on Web Tracker product issues and desired enhancements, submit trouble reports, ask questions, leave and general feedback.
- Enhanced communication about Web Tracker updates: Users are now notified in advance to when PASSUR plans to release the next version of Web Tracker and are able to download Release Notes and training materials directly from the software.
How PASSUR Solutions Help to Address the Problem
PASSUR Surface Management improves the efficiency and safety of operations through common situational awareness, complete surface surveillance, and decision support.
What Makes it Unique
PASSUR Surface Management is seamlessly integrated with terminal and en-route flight tracking for a true gate-to-gate flight and airspace visualization platform – including affordable, high-reliability surface surveillance tailored for commercial requirements of airlines and airports (not the safety requirements of Air Navigation Service Providers). Beyond flight tracks, it includes dashboards of key performance metrics, information tables, alerts, and predictive analytics to enable true “management by exception.”
Key Metrics improved
Gate availability and gate management
- Fewer gate holds
- Less fuel burn/carbon emissions
- Better bag/passenger connections
- Fewer obstructed pushbacks
- Improved D0 and A14
- Schedule integrity for high-value flights
- Fewer minutes of delay
- Fewer minutes of taxi-out fuel burn
- Lower fuel costs and emissions
- Reduced risk of DOT tarmac delay fines
Deice dwell time
- Fewer minutes spent in deice queue (into deice pad and after deicing)
- Less secondary deicing
- Fewer delay minutes on departure
- Reduced fuel burn related to deice queue (pre and post)
Return to gate
- Fewer long-onboard delays (tarmac delays)
- Reduced risk of DOT 3-hour and 4-hour fines
What the Airlines will do Differently
Airlines are empowered to prioritize their departure and arrival sequences, precisely time aircraft push-backs, and make better return-to-gate decisions.
65% of daily flights at airports with surface tracking are managed on PASSUR Surface Management.
Snapshot Case Studies
Annual benefits from PASSUR Departure Metering at a major US airport:
- 14,800 hours total reduced taxi time
- $11 million savings in fuel costs
- 48,000 tons reduced emissions
Seasonal Benefits, First Winter of Deice Metering, two major US airports:
- $2.7 million savings to the airlines from:
- Reduced Secondary Deicing
- Reduced Fuel Burn
- Fewer Diversions