Flight Prediction, Gate-to-Gate
AT A GLANCE
Inaccurate ETAs lead to poor connections for passengers, baggage, and crews; inefficient use of aircraft and gates; and poor turn-time performance. The PASSUR ETA provides the industry’s most accurate gate-to-gate flight arrival predictions, allowing an entire airline or airport system to optimize all existing business and operational processes, no matter what the weather.
- The costs of inaccurate ETAs for a typical airline at a hub airport can reach tens of millions of dollars annually.
- PASSUR provides the most accurate ETA in the industry, validated by more than ten independent airline studies.
HOW PASSUR SOLUTIONS HELP TO ADDRESS THE PROBLEM
Airlines today integrate the PASSUR ETA into their key operational systems, including flight, gate, reservation, and baggage systems — as well as their passenger-facing websites.
WHAT MAKES IT UNIQUE
The PASSUR ETA is based on proprietary algorithms, fed by multiple data sources in real time, including live and historical flight position and airspace performance information from the network of PASSUR surveillance systems.
KEY METRICS IMPROVED
- Passenger, bag, and crew connections
- Number of gate holds/gate unmets
- Gate swaps
- Ground support head count
- Turn-time performance
WHAT THE AIRLINE WILL DO DIFFERENTLY
All of the airline’s existing processes, workflows, and systems are optimized — with no training required and no new software to learn.
- 53% of daily North American landings for scheduled passenger carriers are powered by PASSUR ETA.
SNAPSHOT CASE STUDIES
- A major US airline reduced the number of “unmet aircraft” (aircraft that arrive at the gate with no service teams to deplane them) at its largest hub from more than 12 per day to essentially zero.
- An airline hub director reported that his entire operation was running more optimally immediately upon implementation of PASSUR ETA.