Our Approach to Product Development
All PASSUR products are provided on a subscription basis. Most are delivered as Web-hosted, software-as-a-service solutions.
We solve problems, we don’t "build products”
All of our data and software solutions have been designed to meet specific problems and needs of each of our main industry segments. Many of our customers tell us they are amazed and proud to see their ideas “come to life on the screen” – that’s because our best ideas come from our customers, who know what they need better than anyone.
Software with broad applicability
Positioned at the hub of a diverse network of aviation customers – airlines, airports, FBOs, corporate flight departments, and system integrators – we see and hear problems shared among all. This allows us to build software with a broad applicability to different aviation segments – keeping costs down for everyone.
Experts create our solutions
We funnel your problems to our own internal network of experts – radar/hardware and software engineers, physicists, mathematicians, air traffic managers, airport operations managers, airline ops managers – to create the PASSUR suite of data and software solutions.
Focus provides reliability and value
Our solutions start as responses to specific problems and challenges identified by our customers – meaning focused on a particular need. The result is a remarkable track record of reliability and performance. Complexity sinks software – it becomes too expensive, too difficult to use, and unreliable. We start small and build up.
PASSUR products are organized into the following categories:
- Data: Live and archived feeds from the PASSUR aviation database to support multiple aviation systems and requirements. The PASSUR database consolidates numerous diverse sources of aviation data – all anchored by the international network of PASSUR radar.
- Information: Software for flight tracking, airspace visualization, or Web dashboards, PASSUR metrics are presented in ways that make sense of live or historical situations, to support decision making and analysis.
- Analytics: Additional layers of information processing added to PASSUR software to further support decision making and post-operations analysis.
- Collaborative Decision Making: Web portals designed to aggregate multiple information sets from different sources. They facilitate instant communication, coordination and sharing of consistent information (“PASSUR 3C”) among different parties logged in within and between organizations. They were created to address one of aviation’s more persistent challenges: how do you get all the multiple stakeholders at an airport to communicate in a timely fashion on a single technology platform – without spending millions of dollars and many years overcoming all the legacy technology “silos” they have built?
- PASSUR 3C is both a technology solution and a new way to organize workflow and business practices. It maximizes efficiencies and airport performance in real time, ensuring that whatever the changes in demand on the operation, resources will be available to meet them.