Most carriers understand that the “surface operation” is one of the richest areas to generate tangible, immediate improvements in fuel burn (cost and greenhouse gases), schedule integrity and delay reduction, and customer care. The reason is clear – the surface operation is subject to extensive constraints and inefficiencies, and it is much more in direct control of the carriers and/or their airport operations partners.
PASSUR Surface Management is an integral part of the PASSUR Intergrated Traffic Management (PITM) platform. It improves the efficiency and safety of operations by mitigating the impact of disruptive and expensive surface constraints such as winter ops, convective weather, traffic congestion, and runway closures. A comprehensive solution, PITM Surface seamlessly integrates terminal and en route flight tracking for a true gate-to-gate flight and airspace visualization platform. It also includes dashboards of key performance metrics, information tables, alerts, and predictive analytics to enable true "management by exception."
PITM Surface allows airports, airlines, and other service providers to manage the surface operation holistically as part of the entire flight lifecyle. PITM includes modules for diversion management, traffic management initiatives, arrival management, tarmac delay managment, and collaborative airfield management.
Key business objectives addressed by PITM Surface:
- Continuous improvement of operations through the ability to analyze surface bottlenecks
- Reduced fuel burn and taxi delays through departure metering tools
- Fewer extended tarmac delays through tarmac delay alerts and management tools
- Efficient sequencing of arrivals and departures to minimize delays, maximize throughput, and allow airlines to prioritize high-value flights
- Maximum use of available capacity, especially scarce resources such as runways and deicing facilities
Key capabilities and features of PITM Surface:
- A single visual platform for integrated flight tracking, enabling seamless gate-to-gate tracking, including surface, terminal airspace, and en route tracking. PASSUR integrates ASDE-X and ADS-B into the PASSUR radar tracking system.
- A full suite of live and post-operational surface performance analysis tools to identify opportunities for optimization and efficiencies.
- Integration of airline data feeds to enhance predictive analytics and flight status on the surface.
- Web-hosted, subscription-based, and fully compatible with all other PASSUR modules.
PITM Surface is also available for airports. For more information, click here.